Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Being Thankful

In the daily scheme of things, I often forget to be thankful.  I forget to be thankful for Paul, who works hard to provide for me, and for our three kids.  Yes, they are all grown, but he still provides for them in many ways, big and small.  I forget to be thankful that he doesn't insist that I work.  He could insist that I work, but instead he tells me it's okay if I don't.  I forget to be thankful that, because of Paul's generosity, I can stay home and help others.  I can be available for my mom, for Julie, and for others that might need my help.  I need to remember to be thankful for Paul.  He's a good guy, and through the years of being married to me, he's been a trouper.

I need to be thankful for my oldest daughter, Sarah.  There have been times when we didn't agree, and there are still those times, but I'm thankful that she is my daughter.  She has taught me many things, and some of them I resisted the lesson, but I'm thankful she taught me.  Sometimes it's hard for Sarah to say she loves me, but I'm thankful that I know she loves me.

I need to remember to be thankful for Julie, my daughter, the mother of my first grandchild.  Julie has been a joy through the years, and like Sarah, she has taught me many things.  And like always, I resisted the lesson, but she just kept teaching me.  She taught me to be accepting, and to see beyond the surface.  She taught me that stubbornness doesn't go away, so I might as well just give it up and let her be.  She gave me the gift of Greyson, and I love him so much.

I need to be thankful for Jacob.  My son, the youngest of three, the one who said he held my heart in his hand, and he would hold my heart forever.  Yes, he will, and so will Sarah and Julie.  Jacob, the quiet one.  Jacob, the one who moved away, and is content not to come home.  I need to be thankful that he is content, that he is working, supporting himself.  I need to be thankful that he never fails to tell me he loves me when he finally calls home.

I need to be thankful for my mom.  She's the one who made sure my brother and I had a home to live in, not just a place to live.  She made sure we had food, even when we didn't have much.  She taught us respect, honor and love.  She is still helping us, and still loving us.  I'm thankful for my mom.

I need to be thankful for my dad, and though he was never a father to us, as a father should be, he gave us life, and because of that life, I have all of those I have mentioned, and they have given me so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment