Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Why Did I Do That

I am often amused/amazed at the stupid stuff I do, and I do more and more stupid things as the days go by.  Just stupid stuff, like putting the milk in the cupboard, the laundry soap in the frig, getting up from my desk to go do something, only to forget what it was, but while I'm in the room that I don't know why I'm there, I might as well change the sheets.  Never mind that I just changed them the day before.  Stupid stuff!

This evening I received a very funny email from the daughter of one of my cousins.  She who must not be named.  I'm not naming her, because I don't have her permission to tell the story, but it needs to be told, so she remains nameless to you.  She also doesn't have Facebook, so not only will she be nameless in this story, she will be clueless that it was written.  That works well for me, and for her.

The daughter is in the kitchen cooking the meal, which I think was breakfast.  Can't remember which meal, doesn't really matter.  My cousin rushes into the kitchen and starts pushing buttons on the microwave.  Not just a couple, but enough buttons are being pushed that it would seem she is going to cook Thanksgiving dinner in the microwave.  Her daughter is watching all of this and wondering what in the world her mother is doing.  She finally decided she might should ask.

"Mom!  What are you going to cook that requires that many minutes?"  Her mom, without missing a beat, or in this case, a number, replies, "I'm calling the bank to get my checking account balance."

Stupid stuff, brought on by too much on our minds, too much stress, too many irons in the fire, too many cooks in the kitchen, too many numbers to dial to reach the bank.  It makes perfect sense to  me.  No wonder I've been having so much trouble with dropped calls lately.  I've been using the microwave.  Now, why is the microwave on with no food in it?  WHO TURNED THE MICROWAVE ON?

No comments:

Post a Comment