Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's Not About Me

It's not about me, but I had a melt down anyway.  Not because it's not about me, but because I want the me it's not about, to at least look nice on the day that isn't about me.  I know I'm just the mother of the bride, and it's not my day.  I had my day when I married the father of the bride.  Is it really so bad for me to want to look nice at Julie's wedding?

I had a slight meltdown when I couldn't find a miracle outfit.  I wanted something that made me look young, skinny, beautiful, and way to young to have a daughter getting married.  Then I went into major meltdown mode when it occurred to me that my maid of honor was coming to my daughters wedding, and she is still young and beautiful, and she will look better than me.  ME, the mother of the bride.  That can't be, even though it will be.

I'm done with the meltdowns, and moving on to reality.  I am the mother of the bride.  That in itself is joyful, and I will be happy to share the day with my beautiful daughter.  I might not be the prettiest mother of the bride that ever was, but I'm Julia Bernice's mom, and we are going to take on the day!

3 comments:

  1. Her day....and yours....will be beautiful. Just like the bride and her mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate! Accept your meltdown as inevitable, and move on to enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...Creta...you'll be just beautiful, because you're smile just lights up your entire face! We love you just the way you are!!

    ReplyDelete