Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow, it Used to be Fun

When the kids were little, they loved the snow.  If it snowed during the week, and school closure was a possibility, they REALLY loved the snow.  On a snow day, there were no cries of stomach aches, and lack of air, etc.  Snow days were all about bundling up and heading out into the cold white stuff.  Grandma and Grandpa Walker were the best neighbors to have during a snow day.  Well, actually any day, but especially a snow day.  I think they loved playing in the snow as much as the kids did.

Happy memories of Jeff and Wilma playing in the snow with the kids.  Who could lob a snow ball farther than Jeff?  Large snow shovels made for great sleds.  Snowmen were made, snow balls were thrown, and a good time was had by all.  It was always the challenge of the day to see who could hit Jeffie Boy with a snow ball.

Today, some 10 years later, Julie tells me that snow just isn't as much fun any more.  Why would she say that?  Because as we watch the snow come down in a sheet of white, and we check the DOT camera's, worry becomes an issue.  Will Dom be able to get home through the canyon?  Will he be safe?  Will he be careful?  Will the car do okay, or will it slip and slide?  "I just want him  to be home."  Many a evening I had the same worries about Paul.  I still do.  I just want him to be home, and safe.  Snow is still fun, but only when all our loved ones are home, safe, and warm and snug.  It's snowing again.  Dom is home, and now we wait for Paul to make it home.  I wish he would have taken the van today.

No comments:

Post a Comment