Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Gift of Listening

I've never really thought about listening as a gift, but it is.  When you take the time to listen to someone, it's a gift to them, but also to you.  I experienced this today when I happened to meet up with Josie Jaramillo at the store.  Josie and her family lost their son, Larry, in a tragic accident a couple of years ago.  Larry was a special person in many ways.  He touched the lives of all who knew him, and he had a great love for others.

Josie, as well all of her family, miss Larry every day.  It was nice to visit with Josie, and let her share her memories of Larry with me.  I left the store, and our conversation, feeling like she had given me a gift.  She shared her heart felt feelings of love, of sorrow, of loneliness with me, and I gave her the gift of my time.

It was good for me to be reminded of Larry, and the many times I talked with him at the service station.  He never failed to ask how I was, how my kids were, and to share a little thought with me.  He had a smile for us all.  I'm glad that I had the chance to share a little time with Josie today, and I'm glad for the reminder that the time we spend listening to another, is a gift that we all can give and share.

Take a minute to listen to someone, and see what a gift you get in return.

Cretia

No comments:

Post a Comment