Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm one of Life's Fortunate Ones

Today I was thinking about all my friends and family, and I realized that I'm one of life's fortunate ones.  Not only am I fortunate enough to be Paul's wife, I'm Sarah, Julia and Jacob's mom.  I get to be my mom's only daughter, my brothers only sister, I'm a cousin to several, a niece to my aunts and uncles, and a friend to so many people, I can't tell you the number.

In my 50 years of living, I have had some of the richest experiences.  My family and friends have made the experiences of life the richest.  I've laughed and cried with some of the best people in the world.  We've shared life's trials, heartaches and blessings, and because we have, we've been blessed with the best. Wealth isn't about money.  Having money is nice, or so I've heard.  Having a wealth of family and friends, is the richness of life.

We all have special memories, and just one word, or one phrase will start an avalanche of laughter.  To Uncle Jim I can just say, "Just throw it in the trunk.", and we are laughing hysterically.  To my Florida friends I can say, 'Remember the night we learned to rug ski?", and that starts a recital of all the hilarious and stupid stuff we have done over the past 30 years.  To Jane and Sherrie, you just mention the Nature Trail in the Sandia's, and the word CLOROX comes to mind, followed by gagging and hysterical laughter.  To Linda, say the words teeter tooter and no more needs to be said.  To Jacque, "Well Hello ALBUQUERQUE," and she will immediately burst out laughing.  To my friend, and follow blogger, Lisa, A Cappella!

When you live life with your family and friends, you experience it all, and all of life's experiences make you richer.  There are some really hard times in this life, but there are some of the best times as well.  I'm thankful that I am one of life's fortunate ones, and I'm especially thankful for all who share this life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment