Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Words

That's it!  That's final!  I am going to write my own dictionary.  It's either do that, or finally give in and acknowledge that some words I've known since childhood just are not words.  At least not words that Mr Webster knew when he wrote the dictionary.  Mr Webster never met my family apparently, because my family knows words that Mr Webster doesn't know.

We all know how the first dictionary was created.  Mr and Mrs Webster just kept talking, one word leading to another, and soon they had a book of words. They defined them all, submitted them to a publisher, the book was printed, and today we still refer back to Websters Dictionary.  The publisher, like the Websters, apparently didn't know my family either, because he/she left out a large quantity of words.

Some of these words that really are words, are not words that are recognized in the Scrabble and Words with Friends dictionaries.  That just frustrates me, because these are words that I have known my entire life.  Who do I need to talk to about getting these words in the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment