Welcome Friends and Family

Come and share my Blogging experience with me. I look forward to your comments, and thoughts.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Who's Who? Not Me.

I received the following in an email today:

You have recently been selected as a candidate to represent your professional community in this year's edition of Who's Who among Executives and Professionals.
Your candidacy for membership was officially approved May 29th. You have been selected based upon your professional experience and achievements, and as such, we believe that your profile makes a fitting addition to our publication.

Seriously?  Who gave them my name?  I'm not an executive or a professional, and what have I contributed or achieved?  I'm sitting here going over my life and wondering what I could say if I actually filled out the membership request.  Hmmmm, can't think what to say.  I could make up some stuff, because we all know I have a vivid imagination.

I do have my MRS degree, and that could be considered a great accomplishment considering what a pain I am to live with.  I've managed to be married for twenty three years, and Paul still claims to love me, so having my MRS degree could be considered a success/achievement.

I have the MOM degree too, and that one was earned through many years of exhaustion, tears, joy, laughter, failures, personality conflicts, problem solving, teaching, undoing, re-doing, perseverance, defeats, success, and just plain old determination.  There should be executive pay for the MOM degree, and it should be acknowledged as the highest of the degree's a person can earn.  You earn the MOM degree without any training, no manual to read, no experience, just living the day, and making it all work.  You learn from your mistakes, and you hope you will be able to see positive results in the citizens your children become.  It's a thankless job at times, but it is also the most rewarding.


Considering those are the only two degrees I have, I don't have the qualifications for a membership to Who's Who.  In their eyes I would not be a professional, and MRS and MOM degrees just aren't worth mentioning in the professional scheme of things.  Little do they know the power of a MOM.  The MRS degree is like an associates degree.  It's a prelude to the Masters....which is MOM.  


So who am I?  I'm just me.  Mrs. Bittner and the mom of Sarah, Julie and Jacob.  Not worthy to be a member of Who's Who, but I'm the one who matters to Paul, Sarah, Julie and Jacob, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment